All too often we hear the story of the young employee that wants influence before they deserve it, the one that bad mouths the boss, the middle manager that thinks they’re in charge and the stay at home mom that feels like they’re not contributing to society.
But how often do we get to hear the stories of those who recognize their influence right where they are? That story can be YOU.
Leaders aren’t born; they’re grown. This is why Grace Church has decided to be a host site for the 2017 Global Leadership Summit, and here are six leadership themes that will be discussed by the world-class faculty at this 2-day event in August:
- Assembling a Great Team. Fantastic leaders figure out ways to attract and hire the best talent. We are thrilled to welcome one of the most ingenious HR leaders of our generation, Laszlo Bock, to unpack Google’s unconventional strategies for people selection. In addition, small business guru and star of CNBC’s The Profit, Marcus Lemonis, will describe how great people are core to his strategy for commercial success.
- Grit. Everyone is talking about the new research that indicates passion and persistence may be the unlikely keys to career and life success. We’re thrilled to learn more from Angela Duckworth, whose best-selling book put this research on the map. Additionally, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg will reveal the hard-won insights into leadership and resilience she gained in the aftermath of the tragic and unexpected death of her husband.
- Creative Problem-Solving. In today’s fast-paced and competitive environment, the ability to find innovative win-win solutions is more important than ever. Global creativity expert, Fredrik Härén, will explore how to increase our capacity for finding creative solutions. And business productivity expert, Juliet Funt, will help leaders reduce complexity, unburden their talent and create space for creative thinking.
- Developing Talent. Top leaders bring out the best in their people and take leadership development seriously. Sam Adeyemi will unpack the leader’s role in transforming individuals into a high-functioning team. And Marcus Buckingham will describe his latest research into re-imagining performance management.
- Fearlessness. An element of resolve is necessary for all leaders—particularly if they want to create change. President of the International Justice Mission, Gary Haugen, will describe how he how he remains fearless after decades of charging into the dark worlds of slavery and trafficking. Immaculée Ilibagiza will examine how she rose above fear to forgive those responsible for the Rwandan Genocide. And top human-rights attorney Bryan Stevenson will inspire us to courageously move forward to do uncomfortable things.
- Grander Vision. Faith-centered leaders have outsized impact when they fully live out their values at work. This year we will feature four stories of people who are living their Grander Vision: a young woman entrepreneur, a water executive, a taxi-driver and a brave lawyer who is changing his country by taking on corruption.
Make plans today to attend and come prepared for two days of learning, inspiration and impact!
** Get early bird savings when you register by Tuesday, June 27! **
Sundays at Grace we’ve been learning how to be “Influencers” – Watch, re-watch or share below!
Watch Influencers Sermons