Pastor Nick Cleveland
Whether you’ve been married for 30 minutes or 30 years, you can make an intentional investment in your relationship and make it matter more. Marriage can be the most rewarding experience on earth and it can also be the most challenging. Too often couples allow their marriage to drift and go into autopilot and they fail to be intentional. Busyness, demands, and other priorities crowd out the spot that God has reserved for marriage. Too often married couples operate like roommates more than marriage partners.
To fight against the drift we have to be intentional and I want to give you some practical ways to do that. Let me give you a list of 10 ways you can fight the drift and make your marriage matter more this week.
- Hang out together. Try something new.
- Forgive each other for the drift.
- Double date with people who are fighting against the drift.
- Ask questions and then listen.
- Intimacy – marriage is more than sex but it’s an important element.
- Hug and kiss to begin and end each day.
- Pray together before you go to bed.
- Serve each other by doing one thing on the other’s list.
- Be generous to another couple anonymously.
- Cook a new recipe together.
Pick one way you can intentionally invest in your marriage over the next 7 days together.
Marriage is from God, for God, and always comes first after God.
Your marriage matters!
Join us Sunday for Church