You know we’re launching a new venue.
And you know that God is igniting Grace Church to become a MULTIPLICATION MOVEMENT that’s impacting Wayne County, the region and the world!
What you might not know is what this “new venue” really looks like. Well, there’s a reason for that, we’re still trying to strategically pull it together by faith! We’re trusting God that he’s going to continue to expand our reach in Wayne County by creating space in our 10:15 service for more people! Even though we don’t know all the details, here’s what we do know:
- We’ll be meeting in the Student Center. It’s such a great space for a service and for people to connect! We’ll also start referring to this service as “The Student Center Venue.”
- Our dream is for community to soar in this new venue. Talk about a way to have a “small church” feel inside of a large church… have a small venue learning the same things as the whole church with the same people every week!. [We dream this for all of our venues, too!]
- There’s going to be a live band! It may sound a little different than the gym, as we will mix it appropriately for the space, but this venue will have the same set list as our contemporary service. A lot of the band members will be interchangeable from stage to stage, so you’ll get to see a wide variety of musicians and talent.
- Teaching will be broadcast LIVE from the gym venue directly into the Student Center. So everyone in any venue will hear the same message. This will allow our church family to discuss the message and our care and prayer team to be ready for anyone that comes in regardless of the service attended.
- There’s going to be tables, chairs, and lots of coffee. It’s going to feel a little different, but hopefully it feels like home. [We’re also planning to have food at least once a month and probably every week of our Launch month (FEBRUARY!).]
- New Venues require more and new leaders. We will each need to reproduce and replace ourselves. We all need to multiply our influence. There are openings for volunteers at all services and venues including (but not limited to): greeters, ushers, coffee workers, sound & light technicians, producers, musicians, guest services, care and prayer etc. Let us know if you’re interested in serving HERE.
- We’re hosting a Night of Worship at 7:00pm on Friday, December 8th. This is for our whole church (whether you plan to attend or not!) to commission this space and service. We’ll get a taste of the band and a short message from Pastor Nick.
The reason we do any or all of this is to multiply the influence of Jesus Christ in the lives of people. I can’t wait to hear stories about God changing lives because in obedience we acted and God moved!